Do you have solid experience and/or cutting-edge talents along with a great personality? We’re an online development agency looking for a contract-to-hire PHP MySQL Web Application Developer.
Skills & Requirements
What we’re looking for:
- 1+ years PHP & MySQL experience. We are looking for someone who can complete a project start to finish with a web server, database server, a text editor, and no frameworks. Experience with frameworks is valuable, but is secondary to self-sufficient coding.
- Experience in supporting technologies such as XHTML2, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and Subversion important as well. Must be competent to hit the ground running.
- Flexibility with respect to approach is a must. Our coding standards and methodologies support our team approach to coding. New ideas and innovations are encouraged so long as they are not overly disruptive.
- Plays well with both designers and marketing people. Can talk with strangers.
- Can show us something cool you’ve built in your own time.
Bonus Round (Not required, but will give you an edge):
- Acumen in hacking WordPress themes and/or plugins
- API experience with any of the following: Facebook, Googe Maps, MailChimp, Twitter, Authorize.net, UPS, AWS
- Fascination with cloud computing/what the industry is doing/wow look at this site!!/etc. An eye for the future.
- Proven experience in building mobile-friendly Web sites and mobile applications.
- Linux & OS X system administration
About Voltage Creative
We’re a fast-paced online development studio in downtown Kansas City. Our roots are in design and branding and we hold close to those by practicing user-focused design and development with a marketer’s eye. We work on Mac’s, we have a pinball machine and there’s beer in the fridge. We offer health benefits and three-weeks paid vacation; two at our employee’s discretion, the third is when the shop closes between Christmas and New Year’s. We’re a small shop; we wear a lot of hats (i.e. we all answer the phone and we all work closely together) so you can’t be afraid of broadening your horizons, at times you’ll need put in extra hours when deadlines are approaching, and you’ll need to check your ego at the door. All of our employees can operate fairly independently just as well as in a team.
To apply for this job send a resume and a link to something cool you’ve built in your own time to devjob_1 [at] voltagecreative [dot] com.
- Candidates only please, no recruiters
- Must be able to legally work in the US
- This job is on-location in Kansas City, MO